Black Friday Shopping Tips
The Shopping Frenzy known as Black Friday is upon us. Follow these steps for a safe and cost effective shopping season. Don't go into the red on Black Friday.
The 4 Gift Rule of Christmas -- get something they need, something they want, something to read, and something to wear. Keeping it simple will keep you in the black this Holiday Season.
- Do you have a large family? Draw names, have each person write down some ideas of that they want, then you'll be able to purchas a meaningful gift instead of trying to buy a little something for everyone.
- Make a list and check it twice, don't stray from your list.
- Price check items on your phone while you're in store. Did you know that some retailers have lower prices on line and will price match in store? Most stores won't price match competitors during the Holidays, though it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. It could save you from having to make an extra stop.
- Try to shop with a friend or in a group. It's a great time to catch up and have some adult time.
- Try to use cash for your purchases, if not use 1 or 2 credit cards, choose ones that will give you perks such as frequent flyer miles or cash back.
- Only carry what you need with you. Keys, Phone and cash or credit cards. You don't want to have to keep track of a large purse or bag that can be stolen or gone thru when you're not looking.
- Bring reusable bags. Some stores will give you $.05 off per bag that you use and the can hide your purchases better when you're bringing things inside so the little eyes can't see them.
- Lastly, have patience, everyone is out there doing the same thing, make it fun, relax and enjoy the shopping frenzy.